Good Afternoon Parents, students, and staff,
This is Joycelyn Cassidy, Principal of SWMS, with the Colt Call for the week of Nov 11 to Nov 15.
Monday, November 11 is the Veteran’s Day Holiday. There is no school for students and staff.
The online store for purchasing yearbooks for 2019-2020 has been set up. Parents can go online to Balfour.com and purchase the yearbook. Personalization, icons, and a cover are available for purchase as well for an additional fee. The yearbook is $28.00 until January 1st when they will increase to $30.00.
8th Grade will continue with C.O.L.T.S which stands for Corralling our Learning Toward Success during lunch for the 2nd grading period. Students will have the opportunity to make up missing work during this time.
Mark Your Calendar:
• The next wrestling and soccer match is scheduled for Tuesday at BMS. On Thursday, our Girls Soccer Team will travel to NBMS and our wrestling team will compete against NBM on our home turf, SWM. Start time for the games is 4:00 and admission is $4.00.
• There is a 7th grade field trip to Raleigh scheduled for Friday, Nov 15. Permission forms and money was due last Friday. Students will depart from school around 8:15 AM and return around 5:00 PM. Parents please be on time picking up students.
• Makeup pictures for those students that were absent or are new to SWM is scheduled for Friday, Nov 15.
• The next set of Interim Reports for the 2nd grading period will be released on Wednesday, Nov 20th.
• Thanksgiving Holiday Break begins Wednesday, Nov 27. Students return to school on Monday, Dec 2nd.
Finally, please remember to review the student handbook, specifically the areas regarding dress code on page 16.
This ends our Colt Call for this week.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, goodbye!