Due to the unique challenges faced by military families, the Department of Defense offers this private and confidential non-medical counseling service to service members, their families, children and school staff.
The Military and Family Life Counselor may support staff and work with children and families in the following ways:
· Observe, participate and engage in activities with children and youth.
· Provide direct interaction with children.
· Model behavioral techniques and provide feedback.
· Suggest courses of age appropriate behavioral interventions to enhance coping and behavioral skills.
· Outreach to parents when they drop off or pick up their children or at family events.
· Available for parents to contact for guidance and support.