Global Innovation Showcase to be held virtually in the Spring of 2021
Global Innovation Showcase
Annually, the Onslow County School System hosts a Global Innovation Showcase. Previous Big Ideas:
- 2012 Scarcity
- 2013 Kindness
- 2014 Transformation
- 2015 Sustainability
- 2016 Solving Hunger
- 2017 Impact-What does it mean to be a hero? (local or global)
- 2018/19 #PerspectiveofHope
*Experiential learning is investigative and collaborative within a community.
- Identify a concern, a desired change or a vision you wish to realize centered around the Big Idea or Concept.
- Use a Driving Question to frame the problem.
- The driving question actively guides the individual or group throughout the project.
- The driving question uses personalized words like I, we, or us—not “you” or “students”
- The driving question provokes group members to ask further questions
- The driving question is OPEN-ENDED
- The answer to the driving question is somewhat complex and leads to in-depth inquiry
- The driving question may be aligned with Common Core or Essential Standards
- The driving question requires group members to learn content and skills
- Driving Question Starter: “How can we, as (students, teachers, a school, citizens, community, stewards, scientists, etc.), plan/design/create/solve/make
- Brainstorm causes and possible solutions
- Develop a plan to address some part of the problem (or the whole problem)