New Student Enrollment

  • Welcome to the Onslow County School System! Here is how to enroll your child in our school district. If you have questions, please contact the Student Services at (910)455-2211.


    Any child domiciled within Onslow County, who is under age 21 (22 for students entitled to special education services), who has not completed the prescribed courses for high school graduation, and who otherwise qualifies for admission is eligible for enrollment in Onslow County Schools.

    Step 1: Find your school

    It is very common for people to buy or rent homes in a certain area because of the school their child will attend.  Because of this, it is very important that you locate the correct school based on your address.  Please confirm the school that your child will attend based on your address by clicking here. Should you have additional questions contact our Transportation Department at (910)455-2211.  PLEASE DO NOT RELY ON OTHER SOURCES FOR THIS INFORMATION.

    Step 2: Enroll your child online at this link

    The following information is required in order to enroll your child:

    1. A certified copy of your child's birth certificate or other acceptable proof of birth.
    2. Proof of guardianship (such as a custody order, pre-adoptive orders, or simply having your name listed on the birth certificate as a parent)
    3. Proof of address such as:
      • Current water or electric bill in parent's name that is no more than 30 days old,
      • Affidavit of residency notarized by the person with whom you are residing.  This person will need to provide proof of address.
    4. A photo ID of the parent or legal custodian
    5. Your child's immunization record - Please follow this link for information about immunization requirements.
    6. Any custody documents

    A notarized discipline affidavit (found at the bottom of this page) is required before a child can attend school.

    While not required, the following information would be very helpful when enrolling your child:

    1. Name, address, and phone number of the previous school (if applicable)
    2. Any student records provided by the student’s previous school such as the most recent report card.
    3. Any special programs information such as a copy of an IEP’s, 504 Plan, ESL/LEP Information, or DEP (for gifted students)

    If you are unable to enroll online, please contact the school directly to make an appointment for in-person enrollment.

    Step 3: Obtain and submit a health assessment (if necessary)

    State law requires that every child entering public schools in N.C. for the first time receive a health assessment prior to starting school. You or your medical provider should provide a completed health assessment form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. Health assessment forms are available at Onslow County schools and area health providers.  While technically required at the time of enrollment, you have up to 30 calendar days from the first day of attendance to present the required proof of immunization and health assessment. At the end of the 30-day period, any child without a health assessment will be prohibited from attending school until the assessment is submitted in accordance with North Carolina state law.


    Special Circumstances

    Parents of Kindergarten-Age Students

     A child who is presented for enrollment at any time during the first 120 days of a school year will be considered eligible for initial entry in either of the following circumstances:

    1. the child reaches or reached the age of 5 on or before August 31 of that school year; or
    2. the child resided in another state and was attending school during that school year in accordance with that state's laws or rules prior to moving to North Carolina. (The child does not need to reach the age of 5 on or before August 31 in this circumstance.)
    3. The child did not reach the age of five on or before August 31 of that school year but would be eligible to attend school during that school year in another state in accordance with the laws or rules of that state, and if all of the following apply:
      • The child’s parent is a legal resident of North Carolina who is an active member of the uniformed services assigned to a permanent duty station in another state; and
      • The child’s parent is the sole legal custodian of the child; and
      • The child’s parent is deployed for duty away from the permanent duty station; and
      • The child resides with an adult who is a domiciliary of a local school administrative unit in North Carolina as a result of the parent’s deployment away from the permanent duty station.

     McKinney-Vento Status

    1. Please contact the school and ask to speak with the school social worker if you are in need of McKinney-Vento services.