Who or what is Buster the Bus?
Buster the Bus is a miniature, remote controlled three-foot-tall cartoonish replica of a full-size yellow school bus, which is equipped with working stop sign, crossing gate, and flashing red lights. It is just like a real bus!
Buster has unique features, which includes an almost musically friendly voice that enchants children while he provides concrete lessons about bus safety. Children also enjoy seeing the animated little bus, blink flashing lights, swing-out stop sign and move and blink his eyes. In addition, Buster has windshields and a mouth for a front grill. Besides having adorable features, he talks to students about a very important message of school bus safety to children. Children love Buster the Bus!
Buster is the great symbol for our school bus safety program. He is the ideal size for teaching children from Pre K to 2rd grade. He can communicate with them at their eye level, and when he moves children are not at all threatened. In addition, Buster is agile enough to maneuver easily in school classrooms and other restricted areas.
What does Buster do?
When Buster makes an entrance, the students giggle and grin. However, this cute little bus is all about teaching safety. Among many important bus safety lessons, the program includes messages about:
· How to cross safely
· Staying out of the “Danger Zone”
· Riding the bus safely
· How to safely wait for the bus
· How to cross in front of the bus
· How to climb the steps
· How to ride school busses to and from school.
· How to evacuate the school bus.
Why A Robot?
Buster is used to add fun and interaction with children. He grabs their attention long enough to talk about making good choices that lead to personal safety and good bus riding habits.
How can we get Buster to visit out school?
To schedule Buster the Safety Bus for your school contact Donna Merriman or phone 910 455-5037.
- The Buster the Safety Bus presentation is best suited for Pre-K through 2rd grade students.
- The school bus safety presentation last approximately 30-45 minuets then Buster is available for class/group pictures.
- Buster is available for safety presentations during school hours Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- To confirm your requested date please provide the following:
- POC email addresses and phone number.
- location of the presentation (school multi propose room, gymitorium or any space that will accommodate the number of student attending the program that will allow all students to see Buster)
- Grade level, number of sessions and total number of students. Each session should have no more than 125 students.