Magnet School Transportation
Students living in the protective corridor ride bus #384. Please access the link below for specific bus stop locations and times.
Magnet Transportation System
The Onslow County School System will utilize a hub transportation system to provide bussing for students attending the two magnet schools. Students residing within the protected corridor who do not live within the specified no-transportation zone will be provided bus transportation from Clyde Erwin Elementary to New Bridge Middle, and from New Bridge Middle to Clyde Erwin Elementary. Students living within the protected corridor who opt out to attend the district's pre-selected school sites will not be provided transportation and must apply for out-of-district placement. Students living outside the protected corridor who are admitted through the lottery process may utilize the hub transportation system.
- No regular bus transportation will be provided to the identified magnet hubs. Parents are expected to transport students to the specified hubs. The school system will provide transportation to the magnet schools directly from the identified hubs.
- Community hubs have been established at Dixon Middle, Southwest Middle, Swansboro Middle, Heritage Elementary, Northwoods Park Middle, Jacksonville Commons Middle, New Bridge Middle, Clyde Erwin Elementary, and Hunters Creek Middle.
The following process will be utilized to govern the hubs:
- Supervision will be provided 30 minutes before the bus leaves for the morning route and 30 minutes after the bus arrives following the afternoon route. While at the hub sites, students are to board and remain on the bus.
- Students must not be dropped off prior to 30 minutes before the specified bus departure time in the morning and must be picked up by an authorized adult no later than 30 minutes after the afternoon bus arrives.
- Students will be returned to New Bridge Middle if not picked up within the 30 minute timeframe.
Infractions of magnet hub transportation guidelines will result in the following consequences:
- 1st infraction-Warning/bus infraction form to parents
- 2nd infraction -Letter home to parents/bus infraction form to parents
- 3rd infraction-Loss of hub transportation privileges
- In addition, all Onslow County Schools transportation guidelines apply to the hub transportation system. The Onslow County School System will evaluate magnet hub transportation systems each year to ensure effective and efficient operations.
ALL Transportation Changes Must Be Made in Writing
For Safety Reasons...,All students requesting to ride home, walk home or ride the bus with another student after school must have a note from BOTH families giving permission. These must be approved by the administration.
- After-School Clubs
- Sporting event/practice
- Any School Sponsored Events
*If buses are overcrowded on the specific day, the request will not be approved. If this happens, parents will be contacted for pick-up.
*Parents may be contacted for verification.
In addition, all Onslow County Schools transportation guidelines apply to the hub transportation system. The Onslow County School System will evaluate magnet hub transportation systems each year to ensure effective and efficient operations.