• Onslow County Schools requires documentation for student enrollment. The biological or legal guardian, as appointed by the court, is the only person that can legally enroll a student. 


    The legal guardian/custodian is the person or agency that has been awarded legal custody of the child(ren) by a court. A notarized statement of power of attorney will not be accepted to transfer custody. Legal guardians/custodians will need to provide court ordered papers at the time of enrollment.


    To register, you will need:

    • Proof of address- The proof of residence must be in the name of the biological parent or legal guardian or in the name of the friend or relative with whom you are residing. If you are residing with a friend or relative, they will also need to fill out a notarized form. We cannot accept leases or rental agreements. It must be a utility bill. (water or electric)
    • Certified birth certificate
    • Immunization record
    • Picture identification of biological parent or legal guardian
    • Custody papers (if applicable)
    • Last issued report card

    If the child is entering school in North Carolina for the first time, we will provide you a health assessment form which must be completed by the child's physician within 30 days of enrollment.  Click here to download the health form.  Failure to provide necessary documentation will result in the child(ren) being unable to return to school.

    You can find the online application portal by clicking here.

    If you have any questions, please contact Vanessa Evans at 910-326-5146, Option #3.

  • Records Requests

    Schools can submit a request for records to our Data Manager via an email to vanessa.evans@onslow.k12.nc.us or fax to 910-326-5146.