• Registering a new student?  You will need:

    • Parent (you must be the biological or Court appointed legal guardian)

    • Parent/Legal guardian Photo ID

    • Birth Certificate

    • Immunization Records

    • Proof of Residence (your current electric or water bill (not a final notice) or a fax sent to JHS from the water or electric company verifying current service) JHS Fax # 910-989-2046

    • Contact information and any records from previous school if outside Onslow County (such as copy of last report card, transcript, IEP or 504 plan if applicable) this will be helpful to expedite the registration process

    • Any Custody Documents  

    New to NC School System

    State law requires that every child entering public schools in N.C. for the first time receive a health assessment. entering school. You or your medical provider should provide a completed Health Assessment Form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. Health assessment forms are also available at Onslow County schools and area heath providers.  While technically required at the time of enrollment, you have up to 30 calendar days from the first day of attendance to present the required proof of immunization and health assessment. At the end of the 30-day period, any child without a health assessment will be prohibited from attending school until the assessment is submitted in accordance with North Carolina state law.