Athletic success depends on the support of networks that include parents, teachers, and other key stakeholders in their school communities. To strengthen these partnerships, coaches are using Remind. Remind is a free, safe messaging app that keeps families up to date with what’s happening on the field. Coaches can send messages to an entire team, smaller groups, or individuals. These quick, simple messages can help you and your athlete stay informed.
Remind is safe
• Personal contact information stays private. Phone numbers aren’t exchanged between teachers, students, and parents.
• Messages can’t be edited or deleted, so a complete message history is always available to access and download.
• Everyone has the ability to report users who violate Remind’s Community Guidelines.
• Students under the age of 13 need to enter a parent or guardian’s email address before using Remind. They can only receive messages from their coaches.
Remind is accessible
• Coaches can use Remind to reach athletes and parents on any device, including texting-only phones—no smartphones necessary.
• Athletes and parents can receive Remind messages by text (in the United States and Canada), email, and push notifications on the app.
• Remind is free to use for coaches, students, and parents. Standard text messaging and data rates may apply, so check to see if you’re on a per-text phone plan or a limited data plan. You can always log in to your account on the web.
Remind helps save time
• No more outdated school websites or long newsletters. Remind messages are shorter than 300 characters and sent directly to your mobile phone.
• If you have the ability to compose a message, you can reach out to coaches or other parents in a class.
Signing up is easy
To join a Remind class, you’ll need a class code from a coach. Each code is unique, but it always looks like this: @classcode. Once you have a class code, there are four ways to join the class:
1 Sign up for text notifications by texting @classcode to 81010.
2 Go to www.remind.com/join/classcode and follow the directions.
3 Download the Remind app from the App Store or Google Play, sign up for an account with your email address, and enter the class code when prompted.
4 Or Simply follow the blue link "join class" on the left. Make sure you are on the right page, JV or Varsity.
If you have any questions contact Coach Cobb