Welcome new students

What do I need to register my child at HCMS??

  • Items needed upon enrollment:

    • Certified Birth Certificate

    • Immunization Record

    • Proof of Residence 

      • This MUST be a current (within the last month) electric, water or gas bill.

      • The proof of residence must be in the name of the parent or legal guardian or relative with whom you are residing.

      • If you are residing with someone, a notarized statement signed by a friend/relative with whom you and your children are residing is required. The friend/relative must also provide a proof of residence.

    • Photo identification of parent/legal guardian

    • School Transfer Sheet or Last Report Card

      • A last report card is required for summer enrollments.

    • Custody papers, if applicable


    The legal guardian/custodian is the person or agency that has been awarded legal custody of the student (s) by a judge in a court of law. A notarized Power of Attorney will not be accepted to transfer custody. Legal guardians/custodians will need to provide court ordered custody papers at the time of enrollment. If you do not have custody papers, you will be referred to the Student Services department at the County Office. 


    Students are to be enrolled in their school assignment areas (Policy 4150). Parents/legal guardians may apply for out of district placement should extenuating circumstances exist. This process must be completed at the County Office via Student Services. Reassignments must be approved by the Superintendent or the Superintendent's designee.