OCS Proposed Calendar Revisions
Onslow County Schools proposed several changes to the traditional school and other school calendars in drafts posted below. District calendar revisions have not been finalized at this time.
Since the final phase of schools is not scheduled to reopen until November 5th, calendar revisions will be voted on at the Board meeting scheduled for Tuesday, December 4, 2018.
Some of the proposed changes for the current traditional and year-round calendars are as follows:
Traditional Calendar - DRAFT TRADITIONAL CALENDAR
- Traditional calendar schools will convert seven teacher workdays to student days: January 2, 22, 23, March 18, June 12, 13, 14.
- Four annual leave days will be converted to student days: December 21, April 15, 16, 17.
- Early Release Professional Development Days scheduled for November 9, February 14 and March 14, are now full student days.
- Three days missed due to Hurricane Florence have been converted to “No Days,” meaning there was no school for staff or students. This conversion allows for the inclusion of 3 additional instructional days at the end of the school year.
- To make up instructional time for Phase 2 and Phase 3 schools, beginning when they return, fifteen minutes will be added to either the beginning or end of each school day. School administrators will notify parents as to specific schedule changes.
- The final day of school for traditional calendar students will be Friday, June 14, 2019.
Year-Round Calendar - DRAFT YEAR-ROUND CALENDAR
- Year-round calendar schools will convert three teacher workdays to full student days: December 17, January 4 and March 11.
- Intersession days on March 12 and 13 will be converted to student days.
- Early Release Professional Days scheduled for November 9 and February 14 are now full student days, and the early release day scheduled for April 18 has been converted to a teacher workday.
- The final day for year-round calendar students will be June 6, 2019.
Onslow Early College High School - DRAFT EARLY COLLEGE CALENDAR
- Teacher workdays scheduled for October 8 and 9 have been converted to full student days.
- The final day for the early college will be May 20, 2019.
To provide feedback or comments on the proposed calendar drafts, please email Add.YourVoice@onslow.k12.nc.us.