Explanation of Tool
- Students use the tool to create visual and linguistic representations of new learning.
- First, divide and present (or have students read) the content in meaningful chunks.
- Using the tool students catch notes using only simple sketches to express key concepts and details.
- Students partner, guess the meaning behind the images and explain the relationship between the images and new learning.
- Students summarize their learning in the right column.
- As a class share ideas and check for meaning. Students adjust and elaborate on the notes that they caught.
- The process is continued until all of the content in the lesson has been delivered.