Explanation of Tool
PEERS feedack is a process that allows students to provide other students with specific feedback based on an established rubric, scoring guide, or success criteria. Protocol established by McREL in Tools for Classroom Instruction that Works requires teaching and modeling the PEERS process below prior to having students utilize the tool:
- Preview the assessment criteria or rubric before reviewing each other's work.
- Examine each other's work, keeping the assessment criteria in mind.
- Explain what was done well and what could be improved. Be as specific as possible.
- Review the feedback you received. Think: How can you use it to improve your work?
- Share your thoughts with your partner and discuss plans for revisions.
(From Tools for Classroom Instruction that Works; McREL, 2018)