It is the role of the Northside High School Athletic Department to provide student-athletes with the opportunity to develop their athletic abilities to full potential while safeguarding their physical welfare in an environment that promotes both high academic standards and the development of leadership capabilities. These objectives are best achieved through a broad-based program, which provides equal opportunity for all its students-athletes regardless of race, color, age, sex, disability, religion, ethnic, national origin, or sexual orientation. These guidelines are administered in accordance with the highest principles of interscholastic athletic competition.
Athletic Department Goals
- To run a program that is in complete compliance with NCHSAA rules and regulations.
- To support the education of student-athletes.
- To continue strengthening the relationship between the high school and the local community.
- To encourage alumni interest and support.
- To enhance community within the general Northside High School student body.
- To enhance participation within the Northside High School Faculty and Staff Community.
- To have competitive teams at the state level.