We are excited to have a Military Family Life Counselor (MFLC) at HCMS. Please review the information on this page to learn more about the services that our MFLC can provide.
How can an MFLC help my student and my family? Check out this brochure for more information.
Here is a list of briefings and presentations that our MFLC can offer for service members and their families.
MFLCs can also provide telehealth services. What does that look like?
- Virtual MFLC Services Overview
- MFLCs will continue providing the same level of services (non-medical counseling)
- Services remain available to eligible military students and families (active duty or within 180 day window post discharge)
- Documentation/records will not be kept
- Conference recordings are prohibited
- Any Duty to Warn/Mandated Reporting will follow the same guidelines as before and the school POC will be notified
- To Begin Virtual MFLC Services
- Parents will still have to initiate contact with the MFLC via phone requesting a conference
- MFLC will then send parent an invitation to the virtual conference via email
- Services for children ages 6-12
- Parents must attend the session with the child
- No child can receive services without a parent present
- Services for children ages 13-17
- Parents must be present at the beginning of the session to provide consent
- Parent must remain within line of sight for the duration of the session
- MFLCs are also available for staff to offer support and presentations
- Offer webinars/presentations on a variety of topics (from their approved bank of presentations)
- Presentations must be delivered live (recordings are not permitted under official MFLC guidelines)
- MFLCs can work with teachers, counselors, and staff to deliver classroom support
- Reading stories to students, co-facilitating a classroom lesson, etc.
Military Child Education Coalition offers a wealth of resources for parents and teachers of military children, including COVID-19 response.
If you would like your military child to be able to talk with our MFLC, a consent form must be signed and on file. You may request to have one sent home with your student or you can download it and print it here.