Welcome to Week 4!
This Sunday is Easter, so I thought we would focus our lesson on eggs! Let’s read a book about some very artistic egg traditions from Europe, check out books about Easter around the world, and watch my sidekick and I do some egg activities!
- Watch this video to listen to Patricia Polacco read her book, Rechenka’s Eggs (she recorded this a couple of weeks ago because she’s in quarantine too!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlmUP3GgDf0.
- For your project this week, you have two options:
- The first (and easier option) is to do your own version of Rechenka’s eggs by drawing on plastic eggs with permanent marker. Watch this video to see my sidekick and I do this craft: https://onslowcountyschools-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/diana_kestner_onslow_k12_nc_us/EbXRKOsA37lHtvudd6VRNHkBWt_kxLJKLE-rQKXFNdC3JA?e=7QJRb5
- The second (and much more challenging) option is to get a real egg and do some egg blowing. Charlotte and I show you how to get eggs ready to paint in this video: https://onslowcountyschools-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/diana_kestner_onslow_k12_nc_us/EeDUf-adlJVCqtq2JmylhysB0ixqQKSMbAGWWMr5cmtYFQ?e=wHVMWO
- Here are our finished products...
- This week on Epic, I put books about Easter traditions from around the world, Easter crafts and an egg hacks video! Go to Epic books (https://www.getepic.com/app/read/59247).Class code is avn1915. (FAMILIES- for easy access, email me your student's first name, last initial to firstname.lastname@example.org, and I'll send an invite to your adult email address to be added to my roster)
- Don’t forget, you can always play Freerice to help feed hungry people around the world! (https://freerice.com/)
That's all for this week! Enjoy Spring Break! I hope you are safe and healthy. I miss you!
Love, Mrs. Kestner