On your child’s remote learning days, they are welcome to join in virtual class meetings to start out the day. These meetings will be approximately 20 minutes long and this is just to check in as a whole class and strengthen the students social/emotional growth. These meetings are optional so please do not stress if your child cannot be present.
I will be using Microsoft Teams to conduct the virtual morning meetings and to post instructional videos, read alouds, etc. for the remote learning days. Per the OCS remote learning guidelines, your child is expected to spend 2-3 hours daily, working on schoolwork during their remote days. This may include supplemental worksheets sent home in your child’s daily folder, handwriting and phonics lessons, the online iReady Reading program, the online iReady Math program, Reading Eggs, virtual meetings and/or lessons posted on Microsoft Teams, practicing sight words, and reading time. It is important that your child keeps up with their schoolwork during their remote days. Please return all remote work in your child's folder the first cohort day they return to school. I will also be checking the online platforms to track student work and participation. Below you will see a suggested daily schedule for your child’s remote learning days.
Suggested Daily (2-3 hours) Remote Learning Schedule:
- 30 Minutes—iReady Math
- 30 Minutes—iReady Reading
- 15 Minutes—Sight Word/Spelling Practice
- 25 Minutes—Reading Time (reading with a parent or sibling, independently, or having stories read to them)
- 30+ Minutes—Supplemental Work form their Daily Folders (Math worksheets, Writing, Handwriting, Phonics, Word Work worksheets/activities, Instructional videos posted to Microsoft Teams/Class Dojo, etc.)
- Optional Virtual Morning Meeting (These will be at 8:40 every morning and will start once our class routines and procedures are mastered.)