Mrs. Smith’s News: October 14-18, 2019
- This Thursday, Oct. 17: Early Release. Please notify me of any transportation changes the morning of by written note.
- This Friday, Oct. 18: Fall Festival. Come on out and enjoy the fun 5-7 PM (50 cents/ticket)
- Oct. 21-25: Red Ribbon Week
Monday- red shirts/blue jeans
Tuesday- wacky/backwards clothing
Wed- sports team clothing
Thurs- neon/bright clothing, sunglasses
Friday- superhero clothing/costume
- 24: Open House 5-7 PM. Come see what we’ve been up to in the classroom, however this is not the time to conference.
- Oct 25: Popcorn Friday
- 29: End of Grading Period & 125 Dojo points to go to celebration mentioned below
- 31: HAPPY HALLOWEEN & PBIS Dojo Celebration. Students may wear costumes this day but no guts, gore, weapons, or masks!
This Week’s Academic Plan:
ELA: RL 2.3 Describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges. This will be practiced within our Reading rotations.
Math: This week we will begin adding two-digit numbers without regrouping.
Sci./SS: We will focus on matter this week and the three states (solid, liquid, gas)
Word Study: Spelling words this week will focus on silent E (a_e, i_e, o_e, u_e)
This Week's Spelling Words: