PeachJar - Electronic Flyer Distribution
As part of our effort to reach more families, become more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology and maintain fiscal responsibility, the Onslow County School System is partnering with Peachjar, an e-flyer system that allows schools to distribute information directly to parents instead of sending paperwork home with students. Outside organizations often request to share information about services and/or activities. With Peachjar these requests will now be managed electronically with distribution directly to parents via school websites.
Since February 2017, we have moved from paper to digital flyer delivery. E-flyers are now emailed directly to parents, as well as posted online on our school websites for easy access. Paper flyers from outside organizations will not be delivered to students after June 9, 2017.
To request Flyer Approval:
- Organizations should visit the Peachjar website to register and upload flyers for approval.
- All flyers to be distributed shall bear the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Onslow County Schools will review the flyer and approve or deny based on the guidelines below.
- Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
Who Needs to Register?
If you are a parent and have been instructed by your school to register in order to begin receiving flyers, you can register here.
If you are a parent and your child’s school is implementing Peachjar and you have not been instructed to register, no action is required. Generally, parents are automatically registered by their school district and will receive an email with login instructions. If you did not receive login instructions, please make sure your email address is on file with your school.
**If you are an Enrichment Provider or Community Organization and would like to begin posting flyers, register here:
Peachjar Approval Guidelines
Onslow County School District MAY approve the distribution of:
- Flyers that promote an educational experience for students or parents, a healthy use of leisure time and/or a special enrichment activity not duplicated by an Onslow County School District program.
- Information from non-school sponsored youth sports and recreation activities offered in our community.
- Information from municipal, government agencies in our community that are not political in nature.
- Community organizations providing educational or enrichment services that may directly benefit students.
- Free or non-conditional coupons may be distributed if coupons are appropriate for students and offer a complimentary free item (no conditions of purchase) to use as academic rewards or incentives for students. Example: Students who read 20 books during the school year will receive a coupon for a free ice cream sundae at a local eatery.
Outside organizations must add the following disclaimer to all pages of their flyer in large, legible font:
“Online distribution of flyers is provided as a public service. The activities or programs described are not sponsored, endorsed, reviewed, or screened in any way by the Onslow County School District. The school district does not monitor or supervise the activities or programs. Parents and guardians are urged to speak with the sponsoring organization prior to their children’s participation.”
The Onslow County School System does NOT approve the distribution of:
- Materials for projects, activities, or programs that would publicize or promote a particular political party, political organization, or political issue.
- Fundraising activities for individuals will not be approved at the District-level.
- Materials for all for-profit vendors requesting the distribution of their products or practice soliciting new business, customers or patients. However, see below for information regarding camps, afterschool and tutorial programs.
- Materials for projects, activities, or programs that would publicize or promote a particular church, religious organization, or religious viewpoint.
- Materials for events deemed potentially dangerous or deemed not suitable for children.
- Camps, After School and Tutorial Programs Not Affiliated with the School System: The Board desires to promote positive relationships between district schools and the community in order to enhance community support and involvement in the schools. The Superintendent or designee may approve distribution of noncommercial materials that may maximize student achievement and/or wellbeing.
All requests for eflyer distribution by outside community organizations must first be approved by the Superintendent or designee. Please allow five business days for the District Office to approve or deny your eflyer for distribution.
The Onslow County School System reserves the right to deny request to distribute eflyers and/or rescind approval even if all requirements above are met.
In addition, the Office of Public Affairs does not review proposals for after-school programs or curriculum-related programs such as motivational speakers, cultural arts performances etc., held during the school day. These are reviewed by school and district administrative personnel.