- Save the date ~ April 16th will be "Step-up" night at DHS. You can find out about CTE courses and other elective classes available to in-coming 9th graders at DHS.
- Starting the week of March 18th, students will be learning about future courses of study, high school elective options, how high school scheduling is different from middle school and requirements for graduation.
- Scheduling will take place the week of April 15th.
- Also, the 8th grade spring dance is scheduled for Friday, April, 26. More information will be shared as the date approaches.
- You can find weekly plans here in "Class News"
- Unit Folders are very important in science, students should take them home nightly, look over, highlight, color and review class notes.
- I do "SPOT CHECKS" ~ I go around and check to see if students have completed assignments in folders as directed. If so, they get bonus grades for working as expected. These checks cannot be made-up and all work is graded in the folder on the unit due date for a project grade.
- I do update changes to our weekly agenda daily in TEAMs for the students. (The agenda posted here in Class News may not be edited daily ~ check student laptops for changes.)
Important ~ Students need markers & colored pencils daily in science class. I love color. :)
Phone: (910) 358-1705
Degrees and Certifications:
NCSU Batchelor of Science UNCW Elementary Ed Teacher Licensure AVID Elective Math Grades 6-9 Science Grades 6-9
Ms. Sammie Shepard
I grew up and have lived in Sneads Ferry most of my life. I graduated from Dixon High School. I attended NCSU and UNCW. I have worked in a variety of fields but found my true calling in the classroom. I have taught 2nd , 3rd and 8th grade. My second passion is my horses. I love trail riding and camping, especially in the mountains of NC.