Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Kristen Herrett
My name is Kristen Herrett and I am an Exceptional Children Teacher in the Cross Categorical classroom.
I was born in New Jersey and was raised in Raleigh, NC where I lived until I graduated high school. I then moved to Wilmington where I attended UNCW.
After graduation I married my husband, who is the Mr. Herrett who teaches Foods I and Foods II at Dixon High School. We lived for 13 years in Brunswick County where we welcomed our three children before moving to Sneads Ferry four years ago. We are a Bulldog family with my children attending the Dixon schools, 2 at DMS and 1 at DES.
This is my second year at DMS. I love working with children and to my surprise, middle school has been the best age group I have ever worked with.
The best way to reach me is via email email@example.com or via the Class Dojo app. Please let me know if you need an invite sent home for Class Dojo and I will send it home with your child.
When I'm not at school you can typically find me with my family on the north end of North Topsail Beach, enjoying seafood or barbecue, reading a great book, or at Infant of Prague Catholic Church in Jacksonville where my family and I are parishoners.
Five Fun Facts About Me
1. Despite living in NC since I was four, people are surprised I don't have much of a southern accent. It's because my parents are both from upstate NY!
2. I attended high school with American Idol alumnus Clay Aiken in Raleigh, NC.
3. My favorite sports teams are the NY Yankees and NY Rangers.
4. My Hogwarts house is Gryffindor.
5. I love all things chocolate, coffee, and mint...or any combination of the three!