Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. in Middle Grades Education (with concentrations in ELA/SS) from East Carolina University, 2001 Middle Grades ELA/SS certification K-6 Elementary Education certification (add-on), 2008
Miss Tamica Garvin
Phone Number: (910) 346-6888
Tutoring: available upon request; Monday or Tuesday afternoons
ASSIGNMENTS and AGENDAS
- Homework will be posted on the board in class and online (MS Teams); this will include deadlines for steps of projects. It is the students’ responsibility to write it down daily in their agendas. Parents may check the agenda or Teams daily to verify what homework was assigned.
- “Do Now” assignments will be completed daily and graded by the week. Other classwork assignments are due the day on which they were assigned.
- Occasionally, students will be assigned projects that will be partially or completely done at home. Important project deadlines will also be written in the agenda. To really showcase students’ best work, it is important to begin on projects well before the due date.
- Cheating and plagiarism WILL NOT be tolerated. These will result in a zero on the assignment.
- Supplies: Students are expected to have all instructional supplies DAILY.
- Absences: Parents be sure to send a note explaining your child’s absence in order to avoid the absence being coded as “unexcused”. The note should include the number of days out, the date of absences, the reason, and a parent signature. A list of excused and unexcused absences is found in the student handbook. It is the responsibility of each student to get any makeup assignments upon returning from an absence.
- JCMS Tardy Policy: Tardy three times: call home to parent/guardians and a minor referral is written. Tardy five times: a major referral is written.
- Parent Conferences: If you would like to schedule a conference, please call 910-346-6888.
- Remain seated and raise your hand to ask permission to speak or to leave your seat.
- Respect yourself and others: The "hands off" policy is enforced.
- Be on time and be prepared for class with all materials.
- Headgear of any type or chewing gum is not permitted in the buildings.
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
When students comply with the rules, it helps their own learning as well as their classmates’ education.
- Silent lunch
- Bounce (Student will be sent another class)
- After school detention
- Student Conference