Phone: (910) 346-6888
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Garry Laws
Hi, my name is Mr. Garry Laws and I am very proud to be your child's math teacher. I am a North Carolina native and a retired United States Marine. I served my country proudly for approximately 28.5 years and decided to take up the rewarding challenge of teaching.
My most favorite things to do is ride my HD motorcycle, grill outside, and play with my dog Scrappy and Sheba. I am blessed with a supportive wife and family of four young adults. I considered it an extreme privilege to have a second career in education.
My overall goal is to teach all my students to enjoy math, enhance their 21st Century technology capabilities, and develop critical thinking skills to solve math problems in real life scenarios.
BS Business Administration; Hawaii Pacific University
Master of Arts; Webster University
Completed CT3 Teacher Acceleration Program; UNCW
NC Certified to Teach MS Math 6-9 Grade
AVID Implementation Middle Level Program
- 6th Grade Math > August 2017 to present
- Math I and 8th Grade Math > August 2011 to June 2017.
- 8th Grade AVID Elective Teacher > August 2011 to June 2017.
- 8th Grade Math > August 2009 - June 2011
- Algebra 1 and 8th Grade Math > Dec. 2008 - June 2009
- 7th Grade Pre-Algebra and Math > April - June 2007
- Member Since 2007; National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
Computer Information Systems Chief; 28.5 years
MGySgt USMC Retired