School Dance Information
School dances are extracurricular, admission-charging events typically open to all grade levels (NBMS only). Some special dances have additional restrictions. Participation is not based on any particular class enrollment. Behavior restrictions apply. Interested students should see any teacher.
A few reminders about NBMS school dances:
- Students who have been assigned or who have served after-school detention (ASD), in-school suspension (ISS), or out-of-school suspension (OSS) in the two weeks prior to a dance are not eligible to attend. School conduct expectations apply. While a list will be compiled on the day of the dance, students should be aware of their own discipline records.
- Student dances begin at 3:30 PM and are over by 5:00 PM. Students must be picked up on time. Students not picked up by 5:15 will not be permitted to attend other dances.
- Students may bring extra clothes for the dance. Students should follow the rules for "Dress Down" explained in the Uniform Dress Code Policy for New Bridge Middle School.
- Dancing must be clean and in keeping with our school values (no close dancing, no displays of affection, no obscene or vulgar movements).
- School rules apply before, during, and after school dance, even if the the dance is not on school property.
- Admission to standard school dances is $3.00. Food and soda may be purchased for $2.00.
- If you are interested in serving as a parent chaperon, please contact Mrs. Riggs (AP) at email@example.com.
Dress Down Guidelines
For dances, students have the option to change clothes and to dress casually, including wearing jeans and T-shirts.
Please adhere to the following dress code rules:
- T-shirts with NO offensive or suggestive material are allowed.
- No sleeveless tops, low necklines, spaghetti straps, shoulder-baring, midriff-baring, revealing, or open back shirts may be worn. Tight-fitting apparel is also not allowed. Modest and appropriate is the goal (no see-through material, no midriff or underwear showing).
- Overly short apparel is not permitted. Skirts, shorts, and skorts must be at least fingertip length, even if leggings are worn under a skirt.
- Tennis shoes and athletic shoes are permitted. However, Crocs, flip-flops, mules, open back shoes, high-heeled shoes and sandals are not allowed due to safety concerns.
- No cut-offs, frays, or clothing with holes/slits above fingertip length are permitted.
- No sagging or bagging.
- Hats and sunglasses may not be worn inside the building.