Mrs. Garland, Principal
Welcome to the Northwoods Park Middle School website! I hope you find the information up-to-date, helpful and easy to access.
As principal of Northwoods Park Middle School, I am pleased to work with a faculty of collaborative professional educators and a support staff that provides constant assistance to our teachers and students. While we offer a wide variety of opportunities for our students to include sports, clubs for Spanish, Art and Chess to name a few and activities such as Robotics and Battle of the Books, as well as participation in the Spelling Bee, Geography Bee and the Speech Contest, we know that these address certain aspects of meeting the needs of the whole child and are intended to supplement the work we do daily in the classroom with curriculum, instruction and assessment. Our primary concern at Northwoods Park Middle School is providing instruction in a safe environment that ensures our students achieve academic growth and are prepared for the transition to high school.
Some of our school’s strengths include:
- AVID in grades 6-8
- AVID intructional approach in all classes
- International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme
- Language B-Spanish for all students in grades 6-8
- Fine and/or performing arts classes for all students in grades 6-8
- 1:1 technology for students and staff
- Advanced technology instruction in our Paxton Lab
- Opportunities for high school credit in 8th grade to meet NC graduation requirements
- Knowledgeable and active support staff (Media Specialist, Digital Learning and Teaching Facilitator, Instructional Coach, Literacy Coach, AIG Specialist)
- A service approach to think globally, but act locally
Everything we do at Northwoods Park Middle School is intended to nurture and support the whole child to meet our primary objective of providing classroom instruction that results in academic growth. I invite you to contact the administration or teachers if we can be of assistance to you and your child.