About Our School
The first graded school in Swansboro was a wooden frame building constructed in 1911. This structure served all grades.
In 1931 Swansboro Elementary was built on water-front property at the corner of Main Street Extension and Hwy 24. That building is now Swann Harbour condominiums. Our current building was built in 1970 to house Swansboro Middle. The "middle" school consisted of Grades 4, 5 and 6. Swansboro High included Grades 7-12 and was located at what is now Swansboro Middle School. Eventually, the Annex, at what is now the middle school, accommodated Grades 3- 5 and this campus was used for K - 2. In 1998 - 1999 two additional schools were opened in this area for Grades K - 5. Some of the students from this campus and the Annex were consolidated into what is now the present Swansboro Elementary. As you can tell, Onslow County has always supported recycling!
Today, our school serves around 630 students with the amazing work of approximately 67 staff members.