Welcome to the School Counselor's Page!
** Please Click on the link below to learn more about the role of an Elementary School Counselor **
Onslow County Elementary School Counseling Vision: Motivate, Educate and Advocate for Student Success!
Onslow County Elementary School Counseling Mission:
The mission of the Onslow County Elementary school counseling program is to guide students in achieving academic, personal/social and career success. We will support students in acquiring the attitude, knowledge and interpersonal skills to help them understand and respect self and others. School counselors will provide students with opportunities to investigate the world of work and make informed career decisions.
Onslow County Elementary School Counseling Group Beliefs:
- All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in college and job ready skills.
- Student developmental needs are best met by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program that is planned, managed, delivered and evaluated by licensed professional school counselors.
- School counselors are leaders, advocates and collaborators who support equitable access to a rigorous curriculum and opportunities for self-directed personal growth for every student.
- Data must be analyzed and developed into goals that guide the comprehensive school counseling program which promotes student achievement.
- Licensed Professional School Counselors adhere to ASCA Ethical Standards to promote the maximum development of every student.
Services provided by your school counselor are geared to promote positive growth for your child in the areas of academics, social/emotional wellness, and career exploration. Please feel free to contact Angela Thomas, your child's School Counselor.
~ Individual Counseling allows students to talk confidentially about: Friendships, Bullying, Relationships, Grades, Study Skills, The Future, Death/Grief, Family, Drugs and Alcohol, Other issues that may arise throughout the school year.
~ Group Counseling Services allow students who are experiencing similar problems to work and learn together.
Group topics include but are not limited to: Behavior Management, Friendship, Study Skills, New Students, Family Change, Grief, Teen Issues, Bullying/Teasing/Rumors, Relationship Building, Drugs and Alcohol
· Military Deployment Group - The purpose of the military deployment group is for students who have deployed parents to talk about their experiences and feelings with students who are in similar situations. These groups will be held in the afternoons once a month and will be for K-2 and 3-5. Students who are interested should stop by the counselors office for a permission slip form.
~ Classroom Guidance allows all students to access the school counseling curriculum as they discuss and explore topics such as:
· Bullying, Conflict Resolution, Communication, Popularity, Career Development, Study Skills, Drugs and Alcohol, Character Education, Life After School