Here are some quick FYIs about the Senior Project:
- IT IS STILL REQUIRED in order to graduate from any Onslow County high school.
- The new Graduation Project coordinator is Ms. Livermore. If you ever have any questions, please see her during PowerHour or after school in Room 316 or email her.
- Your English teacher is your greatest source of help for this project.
- Review the revised manual carefully, and ask questions if you have them.
- Don't procrastinate; final presentations are in DECEMBER this year (see the deadlines on pg. 7 of the manual).
Dear Senior Class of 2020,
Below is Northside's senior project manual. Please be sure to look here first for guidelines, deadlines, and answers to any questions you, your parents, or your mentors may have.
As juniors here at Northside, you should have completed the following in English III:
- Topic Selection Worksheet,
- Sign of Commitment,
- 3 signed forms,
- Reflection #1 (on the research paper process),
- Mentor Commitment Form, and
- the Research paper section (this includes evidence of planning and a research paper per the requirements, and a graded rubric) *Please note that you will likely need to make more edits to the paper senior year)
*If you did not complete these items as a junior OR you are new to Northside next year, please let your senior teacher know the first week of school
If you have questions, please email me ASAP: email@example.com.