Curriculum & Instruction
North Carolina adopted the Common Core State Standards in 2010 for K-12 English Language Arts and Mathematics. Common Core standards will be implemented through 2017-2018. Future Standard Course of Study standards in mathematics and language arts for the 2018-2019 academic year can also be found in the links below.
- Mathematics: Common Core and Standard Course of Study
- Language Arts: English Language Arts Common Core and Standard Course of Study
The North Carolina Essential Standards includes the standards for the adopted curriculum in the following areas: English as a Second Language, Science, Social Studies, World Languages, Arts Education, Career and Tecnical Education (CTE) and Healthful Living.
- Arts Education (Visual Arts & Music) Essential Standards
- Career and Technical Education Essential Standards
- English as a Second Language Essential Standards
- Guidance Essential Standards
- Healthful Living Essential Standards
- Information & Technology Essential Standards
- Science Essential Standards
- Social Studies Essential Standards
- World Languages Essential Standards