Procedures for Obtaining DEC
Once you complete driving and receive the white "Driver Education Certificate" which you and the instructor have signed, you will need to do the following:
- Bring the certificate to the office to request a NC Driving Eligibility Certificate.
- Make sure that you have paid all your fees as you will not be able to get your DEC if you owe any fees.
- Make sure that you don't have any overdue books to the Media Center.
- Make sure that you passed 3 out of 4 classes in the previous semester.
- Please allow 48 hours for the DEC to be completed. Once completed, parent/guardian will need to come and sign the DEC.
- DEC can stay in the office until you have an appointment. DEC is only good for 30 days and then it expires.
The class schedule for the 2022-2023 school year
January 30 - February 16, 2023 - Registration begins January 10th at 7:00 PM
March 13 - March 30, 2023 - Registration begins February 21st at 6:00 PM
April 24th - May 11, 2023 - Registration begins April 4th at 5:30 PM