On Friday, May 11th, from 6:30- 8:30 pm, we will have our 8th Grade Formal at Jacksonville Country Club. This is our end of year and end of middle school celebration for our 8th grade students. Parents are welcome to come and take pictures in the parking lot outside the country club, before the event. At this event, hors d'oeuvres are served, pictures are taken, and the students celebrate the end of middle school. Tickets are on sale now for $25, need to be purchased by Friday, May 4th, and will not be sold at the door. Student fees need to be paid before 8th grade students can purchase a dance ticket.
For our young men, we would like them to use the following guidelines:
1. Jeans, joggers, and shorts should not be worn. All pants should cover undergarments and not sag.
2. Shirttails must be tucked in. Shirts must be tasteful and with no cutouts or inappropriate images or writing. Tank tops are not allowed.
3. We encourage all young men to wear ties and suit coats/jackets, but they are not mandatory.
For our young ladies, we would like them to use the following guidelines:
1. For short dresses, the length must be fingertip when the young lady stands straight with her arm extended. This rule applies to slits on the side, back or front of a dress.
2. Open back dresses must not dip below the waistline.
3. Dresses may not have “cut outs” on the side, back, or front, and the midriffs should not be exposed.
4. Strapless dresses are allowed; however, please use good judgment in terms of the fit and cut of your dress. Cleavage should not be exposed.
(If any students or parents have a question about this requirement, please feel free to contact your child’s teacher for guidance.) The 8th grade dance is a memorable experience for students and staff, and we look forward to seeing our students enjoying this night to remember.