Hunter Staup- Head Coach
Patrick Fechter- Assistant Coach
The 2022-2023 season will begin with tryouts on February 13th directly after school. Students wishing to tryout must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be in 7th or 8th grade.
2. Must have 10 or less unexcused absences the previous semester AND passed 3 out of 4 core classes and 1 elective class from the previous semester.
3. Must have an updated sports physical signed and dated by doctor (found in JCMS front office). (Please note a sports physical is different than a school assessment form.)
4. Must have an updated parental permission form (found in JCMS front office).
5. Must turn in both completed Covid-19 waiver forms.
6. Must have attended a mandatory parent meeting with Coach Staup. The next meeting will be August 11th @7:30 pm on Microsoft Teams. In order to join the meeting, you must have the Teams app downloaded on your phone. The link to the meeting can be found by clicking on athletics and clicking on 'mandatory parent meeting'.
*If you have any questions about eligibility, please email Coach Staup (email@example.com)*
Students trying out will need to wear a white or maroon shirt, black shorts, preferably black soccer socks, and cleats (or tennis shoes if you do not have soccer cleats). I would recommend not spending money on cleats or equipment until the roster is posted after the 14th. Please also bring your own water. Boys will be picked up at the gym once tryouts are complete.
Game Info: Boys must wear black adidas shorts and black adidas socks (with 3 stripes on them). Shirts worn underneath jersey must be white or black.
SOCCER REMINDERS: The season does not last long. The coaches do not have enough time to get the team ready for each game and condition. Below are things that you should be doing everyday until the start of the season.
-Run 1 mile (try to get faster each time)
-Footwork drills. Here is a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMfLJynwyTk
-Technical work. Here is a great link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuNZ1dyk59w