If you would like any JCMS gear, please visit this link. https://sideline.bsnsports.com/schools/north_carolina/jacksonville/jacksonville-commons-middle-school
The 2023-2024 JCMS basketball season will begin with tryouts on December 11th and 12th after school. Boys will report to the cafeteria until 5, and then tryout from 5-6:30. Students wishing to tryout must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be in 7th or 8th grade.
2. Must have 10 or less unexcused absences the previous semester AND have passed 3 out of 4 core classes and 1 elective class from the previous semester.
3. Must have an updated sports physical signed and dated by doctor (found in JCMS front office). (Please note a sports physical is different than a school assessment form.)
4. Must have an updated parental permission form (found in JCMS front office).
5. Must have attended a mandatory parent meeting - October 24th, 2023 at 6pm in JCMS Gymnasium
*If you have any questions about eligibility, please email Coach Sweet (firstname.lastname@example.org)
PLEASE REMEMBER!: middle school seasons do not last long. It is extremely hard to cover all the fundamentals and work on conditioning. If you wish to make the team, please put in the work now. Run (especially sprint) a lot in the next few weeks before the season begins and work on your dribbling/shooting. The more work you put in now, the better this season will be.
BASKETBALL DRILL: If you do this drill everyday before tryouts, your chances of making the team will improve! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaLql0ueNpY