Wrestling Tryouts will begin on October 18th. They will be immediately after school and will last until 5pm.
To be eligible to tryout, each athlete must have:
- Been promoted to their current grade level this year.
- Have had no more than 15 days of unexcused absences and/or out-of-school suspension in the Spring Semester last year.
- Not have been retained at any point in middle school (Grades 6-8).
- Cannot have turned 15 before September 1st of this school year.
Also, each athlete must have:
- A complete athletic participation packet including the concussion statements initialed and signed by both the student and parent/legal guardian.
- A NCHSAA athletic physical completed within the last calendar year.
- A Covid-19 Waiver form signed by both the student and parent/legal guardian.
- A parent/legal guardian has attended one of the Health and Safety meetings this school year. (There are 2 scheduled before tryouts. Oct. 6 and Oct. 13, both at 7pm. They are virtual, and links to the Teams meetings will be posted in Mr. Mabry's weekly Smores and on the school's Facebook page.)
If you have any questions about the team, please email Head Coach Mark Starlin (email@example.com).
If you have any questions about eligibilty or any required paperwork, please email Athletic Director Sean Trees (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Head Coach: Mark Starlin
Assistant Coaches: Sean Trees, Tim Ryan
Volunteer Coaches: Justin Bolton, Drew Guthrie