Phone: (910) 455-2672
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. in Elementary Education (Certified K-6) Concentration in Behavioral Studies
Mrs. Daley (Sugg)
Phone: (910) 939-0933
My name is Hannah Daley and I am excited to be here at Summersill Elementary and teaching first grade. I knew I wanted to work in education after I watched my mom go back to college in her forties, and I saw the impact it had on not only her life, but my whole family's lives. I truly believe in the power of education to change lives, and I think that begins in elementary school, which is exactly why I want to teach it. I want to help build a foundational love of learning in students. Like I tell my students every morning, they are the reason I am there every day, and why I will continue to show up excited to teach!
A little about myself...
- I am a military brat; I lived in Jacksonville back when there was only one Walmart, and Western Boulevard was about half of what it is now.
- I have two sisters whom I love more than anything, a superwoman of a mom who is a school counselor in Wake County, the best stepdad I could have ever asked for, and grandparents who are some of my best friends.
- I love working out, and hope to do a triathalon this year!
- I love the beach, which may have had something to do with why I attended the University of North Carolina Wilmington to receive my bachelor's degree in Education.
- I love strong coffee, hot sauce, and Island's tacos.
- More than anything though, I love what I do, where I teach, and the people I get to do it with.
What I hope you take-away...
I am excited and motivated to teach the students in my class this year. I believe in the power of an education. I believe in developing students' knowledge of curriculum and social skills, and I will always do my very best to reach each student in my class.