I hope you have had a wonderful week! Here is what you need to know for next week:
- There will be NO SCHOOL on Monday, May 27th in observance of Memorial Day. School will resume Tuesday, May 28th.
- Field Day will be Tuesday, May 28th from 8:30am -10:30am.
- Parents are allowed to attend.
- Students should wear tennis shoes and bring a towel and water bottle.
- Hats and sunglasses are permitted
- Shaved Ice money is due BEFORE field day begins. There will not be enough time to order and pay during the rotations. I have to turn the orders in beforehand.
- EOG's will be the following week on June 4th and 5th. It is ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE that your student arrives to school ON TIME and brings their FULLY CHARGED LAPTOP. These 2 components are absolutely essential to have a successful testing day. Failure to arrive on time or failure to bring a fully charged laptop will result in your student NOT being able to take their test on the scheduled day with their class. I cannot stress enough how important these 2 things are.
- We are in full time review mode for both ELA and Math. Please remind your student of the importance of working hard and carefully during our review. Encourage them to try their best. Remind them that they are FULLY equipped to be successful! They are going to rock it! I just know it.
- A reminder that I will not be taking grades after EOGs. Students need to turn in any missing work as soon as possible to avoid poor grades due to missing work. Ask your student to log into the gradebook and show you their grades to determine if they have any missing work. EVERY STUDENT IN MY CLASS KNOWS HOW TO CHECK THEIR GRADES.
- Unfinished work
- Xtramath EVERY NIGHT
ELA Math Main Idea Equivalent Fractions/ Comparing Fractions Summarizing Adding/Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers Firsthand/ Secondhand Account of Events Decimals Inferences Multi-Step Word Problems Point of View Division/Interpreting Remainders
If you want your student to have extra practice on these skills at home, they may log into study island and select the skills they wish to practice.
We are almost across the finish line! Hang in there and thank you for all of your support. Have a fantastic Memorial Day weekend!
Hope you've had a wonderful week. Here is what you need to know for next week:
- Wednesday, May 22nd is the last day the media center will be open for check out. All library books must be turned in by this time or a bill for the book will be sent home.
- Friday, May 24th is field day! We will begin at 12:30. Parents are welcome to attend.
- Students may wear their field day shirts and should wear tennis shoes.
- They should also bring a water bottle and a towel.
There will be a station with Italian ice. Please have your child choose their flavor and size, place the money along with a slip with their name and flavor on it in a small baggie and give that to me. I will turn in all money when we arrive at that station. All flavors are dairy-free and gluten-free. The flavors are:
Rainbow (swirl of Cherry, Lemon and Blue Raspberry)
Tie-Dye (swirl of Lemon, Lime and Blue Raspberry)
Sizes are: $3.00 Small $4.00 Medium $5.00 Large
- There are only 10 days of school before EOG's. After EOG's, I won't be putting any more grades in the gradebook. Please help your child understand the importance of getting all of their classwork completed and turned in so their grades do not suffer.
Homework next week:
-EOG Vocab (just play quizizz at home)
What we're learning:
ELA Review - Context Clues, Figurative Language, Theme Writing Cursive Math Metric Measurement Quiz Wednesday Science Human Body
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hope you have had a wonderful week. Here is what I've got for the upcoming week:
- Happy early Mother's Day to all of you awesome mamas! We made a little something for you in class today, so be sure your student doesn't forget to give it to you. I hope your Mother's Day is wonderful and blessed!
- Interim Reports will be going home on Thursday, May 16.
- The last 4th/5th grade dance of the school year will also be on May 16th from 3:00-4:30. The cost is $1 and must be turned in with permission forms by Wednesday, May 15. Permission forms went home yesterday.
- Yearbooks and field day t-shirts are still for sale in the office.
Homework for next week:
- Unfinished work
- NO VOCABULARY POWERPOINT. Instead, students will be expected to play quizizz and will have some in class assignments with vocab.
- ELA Skill Review
What we're learning:
ELA Nonfiction Text Structure Test Friday Writing Cursive - Capital letters Math Measuring Angles/ Additive Angles Quiz Thursday Social Studies Communication
Have a fantastic weekend and a blessed Mother's Day!